1. We respect your privacy
- Elementary Consulting Pty Ltd ACN 128 093 792 as trustee for McDonagh Family Trust trading as Elemental Legal (Elemental Legal) respects your right to privacy and is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and website visitors.
- We adhere to the Australian privacy principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)(Act). This policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information.
- “Personal information” is information we hold which is identifiable as being about you.
2. Collection of personal information
- Elemental Legal will, from time to time, receive and store personal information you enter on our website, provide to us directly or give to us in other forms.
- You may provide basic information such as your name, phone number, address and email address to enable us to send information, provide updates and process your matter. We may collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, when you complete our instruction forms online or provide feedback, when you provide information about your personal or business affairs, change your content or email preference, respond to surveys and/or promotions, provide financial or credit card information, or communicate with us.
- Additionally, we may also collect any other information you provide while interacting with us.
3. How we collect your personal information
- Elemental Legal collects personal information from you in a variety of ways, including when you interact with us electronically or in person, when you access our website and when we provide our services to you.
- We may receive personal information from third parties. If we do, we will protect it as set out in this policy.
4. Use of your personal information
- Elemental Legal may use personal information collected from you to provide you with information, updates and our services. We may also make you aware of new and additional products, services and opportunities available to you. We may use your personal information to improve our products and services and better understand your needs.
- Elemental Legal may contact you by a variety of measure including telephone, email, sms or mail.
5. Disclosure of your personal information
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisors, agents, suppliers or subcontractors as is reasonably necessary for the purposes as set out in this policy. Personal information is only supplied to a third party when it is required for the delivery of our services.
- We may from time to time need to disclose personal information to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, during legal proceedings or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
- We may also use your information to protect the copyright, trademarks, legal rights, property or safety of Elemental Legal, www.elementallegal.com.au, its customers or third parties.
- Information that we collect may from time to time be stored, processed in or transferred between parties located outside Australia.
- If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser under an agreement to maintain confidentiality. We would seek to
only disclose information in good faith and where required by any of these circumstances.
6. Security of your personal information
- Elemental Legal is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. To prevent unauthorised access of disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedure to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
7. Access to your personal information
- You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Act. A small administrative may be payable for the provision of the information. If you would like a copy of the information which we hold about you or believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with the information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
8. Complaints about privacy
- If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please send in details directly to PO Box 53, Southland Centre 3192 so we may
address your concerns. We take complaints very seriously and will respond promptly after receiving written notice of your complaint.
- When you visit our website, we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. this information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, so we can improve our service.
- Our site may have links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. Please be aware that Elemental Legal is not responsible for the privacy practises of other such websites. We encourage our users to read the privacy statements of each website that collects identifiable personal information.